Wednesday, March 30, 2011

2KCBWDAY3.....Tidy Mind, Tidy Stitches

First off I just wanted to say how much I am enjoying participating in this year's Knit & Crochet Blog Week.   I have greatly enjoyed reading all of the new (to me) knitting & crochet blogs.   Though I have had a hard time keeping up with all of the new posts on Ravelry!

How do you keep your yarn wrangling organised?


Today's topic has been so incredibly hard for me.  I have been wrestling with weather or not I really wanted to show the world just how unorganized I am.    Then I decided if I'm going to do this I'm REALLY going to do it...so here ya go!

 

This is some of my 'good' yarn.  This  is in the living room right next to where I sit to knit.  This is usually the first stopping place for any yarn that comes in my house.   If its something that I don't have an immediate need for it stays here until I can stand to put it upstairs with the rest...though all of last year's Sheep & Wool purchases are still here in the pink & green Nantucket bag I purchased at the festival. 







These are my bags of acrylic or 'big box store' yarn .  I really have to go through this mess and deal with it.

This is only a small portion of the numerous magazines and books I have.   This is the tote where I keep the rest of my 'good' yarn and fiber. There are various hanks of malabrigo, brooks farm and others in this bin.


Finally, this is my shelf upstairs in the soon to be remodeled area.   This is the home of the remainder of my beginning knitting/crocheting days yarn stash.  All of that yarn was Red Heart and the old Walmart brand of acrylic.  When we moved into this house, I really downsized on that yarn.  I gave bags and bags of it away and this is what I have left.

 In my defense we live in a 200 year old farmhouse with only one communal closet.   While we are currently remodeling the upstairs, I have to keep my knitting stash anywhere there is room.  Taking todays pictures has really opened my eyes to how much yarn I really have. 


As a reminder if you want to read more blogs that are participating in 2KCBW, just type 2KCBWDAY3 into google and it will lead you to all of the blog post on today's topic! 


2 comments:

  1. That is a lot of yarn.. I think that is were I am heading though. XD And I love the pink and green bag it's cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. goodness gracious, woman! that's a whole lot of yarn!

    ReplyDelete