Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Today was the first day we had that was back to normal.  No snow days, no 2 hour delays, no holidays & best of all Ryan was back to work...woohoo!!  It was a little hard getting up this morning knowing I alone had to get both boys fed and dressed and out to the bus stop.  It is so easy to get used to Ryan being home and helping get all of that done....but we did it and I survived!

 I had a rather productive day getting the house put back to normal, cleaned and some laundry done.  Though it made me realize even more I NEED to get this house organized and decluttered.  We just have so much STUFF.  We live in a 3 bedroom farmhouse but the third bedroom in currently under construction and has been for awhile now.  For the time being the boys 'share' a room and I use the term share rather loosely.  The problem is Cole has not slept in his crib one time in his 2 years.  In the beginning he slept in our room next to the bed in a bassinett.  Then over time and I don't really remember how it happened, he started sleeping downstairs in his playpen of course either Ryan or the both of us sleep down there with him.  Its getting old real fast.  The problem is now he REFUSES to even be put in his crib in his room.  I've tried everything.  I wait until he is fast asleep and gently carry him upstairs.  Nope.  As soon as I hit the second step he's wide awake screaming.  When normally he could be sleeping downstairs, the tv's blaring, dogs barking, phones ringing and he wouldn't even blink.  Its like he KNOWS where he's going.  I hate to let him in his crib and CIO just because Logan is in the same room and he needs to get up in the morning for school.  I was discussing this issue with my sil today and she's even at a loss.  She offered up her kids' toddler bed though.  We may have to take her up on that for when the boys finally have their own rooms.  Then again maybe not.  Do you think an 18 year old will fit in a toddler bed?  ;) 

Anyway, so yeah the other thing about old farmhouses no closets.  Well, we do sort of but they are in the area that is currently under construction so who knows when I will be able to properly use them.  We have no closets downstairs.  So I'm always at a loss as to what to do with coats, shoes, hats that sort of thing.  Then there are the toys, oh god the toys!!!  I don't think I'll ever get away from them.  They currently take over my living room and the enclosed front porch.  I have grand plans for an unfinished area at the top of the stairs but again by the time that's all finished I don't think a 22 year old and an 18 year old will really care what I do with their matchbox collection and spongebob stuff.  I could be wrong though, my 31 year old husbands He Man stuff is currently in my attic but shhhh...don't tell him I told ya, he'd be mad.  ;) 

Tonight I went to a program at school with Logan.  As I mentioned in a previous post (I think)  he was placed in all day K after Christmas break.  In our district K is still only half day but they started a new program where if a child needs extra help they can go all day.  He still is in the same morning class and then goes across the hall to a different teacher and finishes the day out there.  So tonight they had a workshop to help your child learn how to read more efficently.  It was interesting. I was at a loss on how to help him, I'm not a very good teacher, if I know how to do something I just know, I don't know the steps to show you how to do it.   They showed us three different games to play and a few websites that offer reading centered games as well.  Hopefully it will help him and he won't continue to have problems in school, I don't want him to start hating it too early. 

I think that is all for tonight.  Everyone is finally asleep and I finally get some uninterrupted knitting time!! 

1 comment:

  1. i like reading your blog. :) is there a way to make his crib seem like it's actually the playpen downstairs in the living room?? no closets? I couldn't stand it either. Well, once the third floor is complete, you won't even remember what it was like before. have you checked out starfall.com? it is awesome for lil ones just learning to read. i wish you had told me that he needs a bit more help reading. I can totally help--remember I used to teach Kinder! So let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete