Sunday, August 28, 2011

Back 2 School!

I can't believe that I am officially the mother of a second grader!  Where has the time gone??  I can't believe my 'baby' is that 'old' already, I REMEMBER second grade rather clearly.  Here he is on the first morning of school last week, Cole refused to stand beside his brother because the bantam chickens were out and he's scared of them.   Yet the crazy kid will go and pick up the bigger hens and roosters.   Can't say I blame him though, those little suckers are MEAN!!





So far second grade is going well.  He's liking his teacher and can't wait to go to school every morning.   Just wait until the  real works starts!  I'm sure he will change his mind. 

Cole is going to be startin preschool in a few weeks as well.   He is beyond excited about going.   While we were waiting for the bus he kept asking me where his bus was, he didn't like my answer that he wasn't going to be riding a bus to his school, instead we'd be taking my car.    This is him dealing with the news.




Football is well underway.   We had our first game this weekend.  It went well.  I think Logan is having second thoughts about joining again this year.   I'm fairly certain this will be our last year....at least unitl Cole is 6!  

Knitting is going well.  I'm chugging along on Vlad.   I have increased the body repeat from 7 to 10 because I want it to be a bigger shawl plus I have more than enough yarn.   I bought this yarn for it at sheep & wool this year.  I love it.  I can't wait to go back get more of their yarn.  I'm going to try to get a good picture of it soon so you can see how gorgeous it is! 

Not much else here going on.  Just super busy.

2 comments:

  1. ooh, your vlad is going to be gorgeous! love the shot of cole learning that he wouldn't get to ride the school bus to preschool. poor kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - 2nd grade!! Hope he has a good year.

    Can't wait to see your Vlad done!

    ReplyDelete