Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Back into the Swing of It.

So I've been writing this blog post in my head for the past oh almost two weeks now.  I figured it was time to actually sit down and do it.

Hmm..I just remembered that was going  to be one of my new years resolutions...blog more.  Let me just add that to my ever growing list.  Along with catching up with my other regularly read blogs, I've really got to get on that.  Sorry guys!!  

Christmas is finally over and we are just trying to get back into the normal day to day swing of things.  My house is a chaotic mess.  While all of the decorations are away my house is a mess of toys and STUFF.  I hate stuff...a lot.  I must say my house is looking rather depressing without the decorations up.

 Not only am I trying to get cleaned up/organized from the holidays I now have to plan a birthday party.  We do a joint party for the boys because they were born 4 years and 1 day apart.  I don't recommend it. 

Really. 

Logan is at the age now he wants to invite school friends but yet our house isn't big enough to have a bunch of school friends plus family & friends for the both of them.  I had considered having it somewhere else like Chuck E. Cheese or this new indoor bounce place that opened but there are just so many reasons that I decided against it.  Maybe next year.

That's what I said last year.

 I'm just not into big birthdays.  It would be SO much easier if the boys had been born in the summer.  My parents have an in ground pool.  Enough said. 

Anyway,  Christmas was good.  Everyone stayed healthy and I believe both boys were happy with what Santa left for them.  I have a few pictures but my camera has been taking super crappy indoor pictures.  I'll post some of them at the end.

Ryan actually surprised me this year...well I guess he did last year too with my netbook.  This year though he actually got me something that I didn't think I wanted. 

I got a Kindle 3G Wireless Reading Device, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 3G Works Globally, Graphite, 6" Display with New E Ink Pearl Technology and I <3 it.

A lot. 

  Honestly, I was the biggest naysayer when he came to the whole ebook thing.  I thought it was the dumbest thing ever and I would never have one and I couldn't imagine ever not holding a book in my hands.  Now I will say I won't give up regular books because come on, there isn't anything else like the smell and feel of your favorite book in your hands.  There is also nothing like the instant gratification of an ebook.  I have already downloaded at least 5-10 books since Christmas and I've read two  of them in less than a week.  I can see my ability to download books instantly is going to be more dangerous than my ability to download music instantly. 

Now the ability to be able to download books in an instant wasn't the thing that won my heart.  It was the fact that not only can I read books, check facebook and email (sort of) but I can also read pdf files.  Guess what is usually in pdf format?  You got it... knitting patterns.  How cool is that?!  Now no more lost, wrinkled, messed up patterns when I'm working on a project.  Just get out my handy dandy Kindle and right there it is! 

:::sigh:::

So yeah.  I haven't really been doing much besides downloading and reading my Kindle. Maybe that's the real reason my house is such a mess ;) 

On to the pictures.  Again sorry for the crappy quality.  I'm afraid my camera has bitten the dust.

Nevermind. Now I can't get my camera card slot to work...I give up.  Really.

1 comment:

  1. so what are you going to do regarding the joint bday party?? ooh, a kindle! i, like you am not big on the whole idea either..but that whole thing about reading pdfs sounds good! :)

    ReplyDelete