Sunday, May 15, 2011

Updates & MDS&WF

I am RIDICULOUSLY embarrassed  that it has been so long since my last post!!   I guess a week of almost constant blogging is way too much for me.

We have just been running with baseball and other end of the school year activities.   I have also started working 4 days a week instead of my typical 3, believe it or not that 1 extra day makes a huge difference in the amount of 'extra' time I seem to have.   Not to mention the past 90 days with P90X.

We are officially P90X graduates!  Its been about two weeks since we finished.  Ryan just started mentioning today that he would like to start Insanity this week, I however am not ready.  I have decided that I will instead do another round of P90X before I move on to Insanity.   I'm just not 'there' yet.  

In more exciting yarn news, last weekend my friends and I attended this years Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival.





  This was my 4th year attending the festival and I must say it was by far the best sheep and wool I've ever been to.   Normally we get there bright and early and try to see it all as quickly as possible.  Last year we were so hot and miserable we left by 12:30 or so.   This year we decided to set up a base camp and just hang out all day.   So that's what we did.  We ended up leaving our houses later then we had planned but we still got there by 8am and snagged the perfect spot.   It ended up being a gorgeous day. Not too hot or cold. Perfect yarn buying weather!! 






After we got base camp set up a few of us wanted to go and hit up the Sanguine Gryphon.  I had only ever heard of their yarn but never seen in irl.  They had just gotten word a few days before the festival that they were even going to be there.   We got to their booth around 8:30 and there was already a line, technically the festival doesn't 'open' until 9am.  Some booths start selling right away and some stick to the 9 am start time.   Of course they were waiting until 9am.  We were relatively early enough that we were left in the booth as soon as they said the word.  It was tight and cramped but overall it wasn't bad.  If you've never been to an event like this you just sort of have to go with a good attitude and deal with the crowds.   Everyone was polite and we were reaching around each other and helping each other out as best we could. 


Sorry for the flipped picture.  The is was the Sanguine Gryphon's booth after I was finished. This I believe was the line to get in the booth, there was a seperate equally long line to pay. 


We ended up staying the whole day at the festival and had a great time.   Here is the rest of my loot....

The top row is all from Brooks Farm for various different projects I have planned.   Then there is my lovely sheepy mug from jennie the potter.   Then there is the skully hat kit with glow in the dark I yarn I got for the boys.   Next to that is my very first ever hank of Sock that Rock.  In previous years I could never even get close to their booth, since we were there later in the day this year, we could get in.  The bright pink hank is Miss Babs.   Then it is my lovely Sanguine Gryphon, two hanks of Little Traveller and 2 of Bugga.  Then some Noro and other little trinkets. 


So thats whats been going on here.  I am offically on a yarn diet. I have so much yarn now, omg!! I have decided if I don't get some of this knit up this year I will not allow myself to go next year.

I have also been doing some organizing/getting ready for a yard sale and I finally organized my yarn stash.   Later in the week Iwill take pictures of my organization, I love it.  I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner.  The problem is now all of my yarn is in one place and I really have too much!!

3 comments:

  1. Sooo jealous you went to the Sheep & Wool festival! Lucky gal! And your loot! Happy Knitting! Can't wait to see what you make of it.

    Congrats on the P90! How do you feel after doing it? Lose any weight on it? Is it good? You recommend it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. all these festivals are almost enough to make me want to move back north...almost. maybe we should see about organising a fiber event at disney.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!! SO jealous of your haul!

    ReplyDelete